Behaviour Support Compliance and Quality Manager
Behaviour Support - Quality Manager
Are you looking to commence or consolidate a clinical leadership career and work with a company committed to providing client centred service and outcome attainment for consumers and the community?
Are you intrigued by the opportunity of enhancing clinical excellence in Behaviour Support and is it time to extend your skills beyond the day to day?
About the Company
Humanity Health Group is a growing national organisation of allied health professionals, that provides holistic, high quality, clinical services to paediatrics, disability support, aged care, and the corporate sector. support clients achieve their life goals.
We are a team of highly dedicated practitioners and professionals known for our commitment to quality client service and our remaining true to our core values. Working as part of Humanity Health Group Team, you will have access to professional support and mentoring, plus opportunities for career advancement.
About the Role
Working with the Chief clinical governance officer and the Quality Team you will work to ensure the Behaviour Support sector of our organisation meets and exceeds community standards. The role is designed for a clinician with a commitment to excellence and a passion for systemic thinking. Daily you will be responsible for.
- Provision of clinical support to the Behaviour Support Team
- Monitoring and further development of evidence-Informed service development
- Lead the development of future services in consultation with customers and our partnerships team
- Full suitability as a NDIS Behaviour Support Practitioner - Proficient level or above
- At least 3 years’ experience as a NDIS Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Sound knowledge of the NDIS behaviour support and restrictive practice rules 2018, and NDIS Practice Standards Supplementary module 2.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated application, of your relevant State legislation regarding behaviour support and restrictive practice authorisation
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in Positive Behaviour Support and effective application in a NDIS context
- Desire to supervise and build clinical capacity to less experienced Behaviour Practitioners across the nation
- Suitability as an NDIS Behaviour Support Practitioner with Advanced level
- Previous experience providing clinical behaviour support supervision under the NDIS framework
What we offer
- Support and training in clinical governance and quality management
- Work life balance, flexible work coniditons, and a ‘Humanity Life’ policy for all staff
- Ambitious and passionate culture
- Fantastic personal and professional development opportunities
- Excellent salary package, work laptop, WIFI device and Motor Vehicle Allowance
- Continuous career growth with an established brand
- Support from an innovative organisation that feeds new ideas and recognises high performance
- Numerous rewards and incentives as well as health and wellbeing benefits
- Supportive workplace culture, connections, and relationships
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Now.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please call Humanity Health Group’s recruitment team on 02 9052 2151.
Humanity Health Group fosters a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the contributions of all people and encourages people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Join an established team and work with a team of passionate health professionals
- Support from an innovative organisation and unrivalled professional support
- Flexible working arrangements with part and full-time positions available!